Usability question

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2006 at 7:49 AM
A few features have been suggested (authentication, photosets, etc.) and I'm curious about a design change.

Would you think the user would have to enter a user name first and verify/validate which would then enable the search capabilities?

Would you rather see search as an option of All, By Tags, By Photoset?
Aug 16, 2006 at 5:18 PM
I'm not a developer so I don't know if I am suppose to be in on this discussion.

As a user I have set up a specific photoset that I use for my blog. I would love to be able to point the plugin to that set and that set only.
Aug 22, 2006 at 6:03 AM
Well, I'd rather not have to enter a username at all, as I sometimes just need a photo about the right topic... so personally I'd like the username to just be another search criteria that you can leave blank if you wish.

On the other hand, you could have the user supply their personal Flickr info as a preference and then have "My Photos" as a search option, and a drop down for "My Photosets"
Aug 22, 2006 at 3:39 PM
That probably is the best answer, make it an option to get a specific photoset even if it's private.
Aug 23, 2006 at 3:23 PM
I am good with the current setting and the most important thing is it is easy to use.

I would like to raise another question here, the default emoticons of windows live space suck, so I upload my custom emoticons (most of them are animated gif) to flickr and thinking to use windows live writer + flickr4writer to insert animated gifs as a workaround. But flickr converts gif to jpg and the plugin inserts the converted jpg instead of the original gif. The only way to link to the original gif is to grab the flickr static url, i.e. http://static.flickr.com/76/2225825582e3c1718d3o.gif.

It would be great if flickr4writer supports extracting the static url of the original gif as well as insert a link back to the photopage (according to flickr's policy).