Creative Commons License Search

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 8, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Flickr4Writer is really fantastic -- took an already great workflow for WLW and made it that much more invaluable!

One feature I'd love to see, though, is the ability to search Creative Commons-licensed material. Since there's the ability to search all images on Flickr, adding the CC option encourages people to use material that's publicly licensed rather than abuse copyrighted works -- and it's good for CC, too. This would require a little more doing, but the CC data is all accessible in the Flickr API. You would need to give credit to the author, so that would need to be displayed, as well (but could be automated).

Any thought about doing this?

I can also have a go at the code and give it a try myself.

See also:
search.creativecommons.org
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM
peter -- this has been suggested before -- care to contribute it? :-) -- i agree adding this would be helpful. for now, time is not on my side. if you'd like to contribute, jump on in!
Jan 8, 2008 at 8:11 PM
Sure ... won't be able to look at it until early February but could have a go then. Were there any specifics in the previous request about implementation? (or had you heard / seen elsewhere particularly good implementations?)

I'll see what I can do and check back in.